Re: Displaying installed_version on /status/?

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.05.2010, 10:27 +0200 schrieb Bastian Blank:
> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 11:25:27AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > I’m always confused when after a successful binNMU,
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=missingh
> > lists the source version as „version“, and not the version of the
> > installed binary.
>
> There is no version of the installed binary. It is a set of versions. I
> at least have one package with two disjunct version ranges for the
> binaries. Also wanna-build always operates on source versions.

hmm, so what does "installed-version" in the wb-database say for that
package? (What package is it?)

From reading the wanna-build source, it appends "+b?" to the source
version if it finds a binary from that source containing a binary
prefix. So I should not say “version of the installed binary” but
“source version with binNMU suffix appended”.

Maybe just adding the value of installed-version as a column of its own
to /status/ would be the clearest and easiest.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner