Re: BD-Uninstallable performance.

Hallo Kurt,

am Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 12:43:15AM +0200 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> It seems that for the few days this has been running now, all
> arches started to pick up alot of the BD-Uninstallable state,
> some around 30-50, which is great.
> But it seems the time of "trigger.often" has gone up alot because
> of this, starting to take around 11-12 minutes to run, from the 2-3
> minutes it used to take before the patch and 7-8 when the patch started.

that's why I initially (i.e. about one year back) wanted some daemon thing
from the debcheck folks to keep the data structures in memory and just update
them with the current data and then query the result.  This would even be
helpful for britney (maybe).

The trigger could run detached but that's probably worse at the moment as
we'll get a pain when they collide multiple times...

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager