Re: Candidates question: politics and Debian

Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> I can understand that you want the candidate's opinion on this (after
all it's important for a lot of people to chose someone with whom one
shares values)

Yes, that's why I asked. One candidate already answered and I hope the
other one will also share her opinions.

But it was also interesting to know your opinions, and if that isn't
deemed off-topic in the context of a DPL election, I'd like to hear
the opinions of other non-candidates too.

> Also, why on earth would you care whether people you've never met (and
probably never will meet) decide to transition and ask you to use a
different name/pronoun to address them?

That is definitely off-topic. If you are interested in knowing my
answer to that or to any other questions, feel free to contact me in
private.

> In a whole, I think it's interesting to see people asking the DPL to
take position regarding what they see as problematic to them instead of
taking the matter in their hands and submit resolution proposals for
these points.

I kind of see your point -- but this is the discussion period for the
DPL election, and this is the mailing list where the discussion is
supposed to take place, and I was following up to another question
asked to the candidates, so it seemed entirely appropriate to me to
address them.

And I believe that a GR would be the last resort, rather than the main
way to address problems. Besides, initiating a discussion on this list
would be the starting point for a GR process too.

If you think it was wrong of me to ask that question, please elaborate.

Gerardo