Re: Call for vote: public statement about the EU Legislation "Cyber Resilience Act and Product Liability Directive"

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 03:57:44PM +0100, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 15:51, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <
> perezmeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 11:50, Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Whether accepting donations *in general* makes your activity in
> > providing software a "commercial activity" in the context of
> > > this directive proposal is not really a supported notion in the text.
> > There are a few specific examples of what does make
> > > a "commercial activity" in point 10, but none of those examples directly
> > apply to general donations to a project or person.
> >
> > I am not mixing, I think the current wording does not _exactly_ says
> > so, leaving a door open for abuse.
> >

> The current working does say what is commercial activity and accepting
> donations does not fall into any of those examples.

It does. Quoted by Ilu: "Accepting donations without the intention of making a
profit should not count as a commercial activity, unless such donations are
made by commercial entities and are recurring in nature."