Re: Call for vote: public statement about the EU Legislation "Cyber Resilience Act and Product Liability Directive"

On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 15:51, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2023 at 11:50, Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whether accepting donations *in general* makes your activity in providing software a "commercial activity" in the context of
> this directive proposal is not really a supported notion in the text. There are a few specific examples of what does make
> a "commercial activity" in point 10, but none of those examples directly apply to general donations to a project or person.

I am not mixing, I think the current wording does not _exactly_ says
so, leaving a door open for abuse.

The current working does say what is commercial activity and accepting donations does not fall into any of those examples.

But EFF, among others, does mention that it would be more comforting if accepting donations was explicitly highlighted as an example of
activity that clearly falls outside of the commercial activity definition.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs