Re: Call for vote: public statement about the EU Legislation "Cyber Resilience Act and Product Liability Directive"

On 15/11/23 at 00:49 +0000, Luca Boccassi wrote:
> What do you think? Here's what I came up with:

Hi,

FWIW, I would likely second something along those lines. Some comments:

>     The Debian project however notes that not enough emphasis has been
>     employed in all parts of these regulations to clearly exonerate Free
>     and Open Source Software Projects from being subject to the same
>     liabilities as commercial products

I find this part a bit ambiguous. When GitLab or Proxmox or RedHat sells
services around a free software product, I think it's OK if they are
covered by this regulation. Maybe it would be better with
s/Projects/Organizations/?

Maybe we should underline specific borderline situations where the
impact of the regulation would be unclear?

>     , which has caused uncertainty and
>     worry among Free and Open Source Software developers and stakeholders.
>
>     Therefore, the Debian project requests the legislators to enhance the

(minor) s/requests/asks/? (can we request the legislators?)

Lucas