Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

Hey guys,

Apologies for not responding more promptly on this sub-thread :-/

On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 09:51:24PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 04, 2022 at 08:00:48PM -0500, Richard Laager wrote:

>> [1] I understand that your (the Secretary's) current position is that you do
>> not have the power to interpret Foundation Documents. I contend that you
>> implicitly do, at least insofar as such an interpretation is required to
>> fulfill one of your explicit duties. If you do not, then it seems the
>> Project Leader would, through a combination of 5.1.3 (requires urgent
>> action) and/or 5.1.4 (noone else has responsibility).
>
>As part of this GR, I'm just trying to make sure you can interpret the
>SC in a consistent way that matches the ballot option.
>
>Thank you for discussion this, I wish more people would participate in
>this.

Would you be more comfortable if we added an extra option like Russ
suggested [1], explicitly adding extra text to the SC?

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2022/08/msg00182.html

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane