Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

> On 2022-08-23 10:39, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> Therefor we will not include any non-free software in Debian, nor in the
>> main archive or installer/live/cloud or other official images, and will
>> not enable anything from non-free or contrib by default.
>
> The initial proposition was also pushing a new non-free-firmware
> component. Are you also against a new component that could be enabled
> by users without enabling contrib/non-free?

I don't know what that is so have not formed an opinion, but introducing
a new component or not sounds orthogonal to the question whether to
include non-DFSG content in the installer and enable it on installed
systems by default -- which I believe is against both the spirit and
letter of Debian's social contract.

/Simon