Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

On 2022-08-23 10:39, Simon Josefsson wrote:

Therefor we will not include any non-free software in Debian, nor in the
main archive or installer/live/cloud or other official images, and will
not enable anything from non-free or contrib by default.

The initial proposition was also pushing a new non-free-firmware component. Are you also against a new component that could be enabled by users without enabling contrib/non-free?