Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

On Mon, 2022-08-22 at 12:32 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> I'm only suggesting to modify the third paragraph, offering to produce
> two sets of images (fully-free and with-non-free-firmware), being the
> later more prominent.

Is the Debian Images team willing to continue to produce the images
containing only packages from main?

I understood from the initial blog post they aren't willing to do that.

I wouldn't want Debian to vote for them to work on fully-free images if
they still don't want to do that, so I'm not sure of the practicality
of this proposal and so I would find it hard to rank it on the ballot.

PS: this seems similar to but less detailed than my earlier proposal:

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/683a7c0e69b081aae8c46bd4027bf7537475624a.camel@debian.org

--
bye,
pabs