Re: General resolution: Condemn Russian invasion of the Ukraine

On Fri, 2022-04-08 at 10:44 +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 08:21:39PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > If a Debconf location is also considered a political statement as
> > you
> > imply then we have to choose Debconf locations by means of GR,
> > starting
> > with a GR right now whether Debian wants to consider Kosovo a
> > self-determined sovereign nation by holding Debconf 2022 there.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but Debconf is not formally a part of
> Debian, and so cannot be bound by the outcome of a GR anyway.

Hmm, debconf.org says "Copyright Software in the Public Interest, Inc",
but there is no imprint or anything. DebConf as such is not listed as a
separate project on https://www.spi-inc.org/projects/; of course it
could still be part of systemd or another project.

DebConf is also not listed on
https://www.debian.org/trademark#licenses, but uses Debian trademarks.

So it pretty much looks like DebConf is part of Debian.

Ansgar