Re: Question to all candidates: how is Debian doing?

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 01:57:59PM -0700, Felix Lechner wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 12:52 PM Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > Interesting. What would be the composition, roles, duties of that
> > Strategy Council ?
>
> Like all committees and boards I envision, the Strategy Council should
> have at least five but no more than twelve members. I personally like
> nine, if you can get that many volunteers....

I'll note that you spent a lot of time about how the council would
appoint a chair and vice-chair, create bylaws, meet monthly, etc.

However you didn't really answer the question regarding what the
authorities that the Strategy Council would have.  You've said that
the strategy council would expand on your answers that were given in
the top of this thread --- but then what?

If the Strategy Council were to decide that a strategy might be, say,
"a mouse should put a bell on the cat", how would that strategy be
carried out?  Debian is a volunteer organization ---- some have said,
"do-ocracy".  So I'm not sure what you, as the DPL, would do with the
conclusions that might be made by such a Strategy Council?

Cheers,

						- Ted