Re: Question to all candidates: how is Debian doing?

Hi Lucas,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 8:55 AM Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> wrote:

> How is Debian doing currently?

We do what we have always done, but the world is changing around us.

> What are the recent successes I might have missed?

We are quirky, but very much alive!

> Where did we fail or under-perform?

We are falling behind other distributions and programming environments
that embrace change and have corporate funding.

> Which big challenges do you see ahead of us?

Users may stop caring about Debian and pick one of many alternatives.

> Are there opportunities that we could leverage?

We need to motivate our contributors, who are our greatest assets, and
attract many new ones to do great things together!

If elected, I hope to form a Strategy Council that will re-evaluate as
well as expand on those answers, and have solutions ready at all
times.

Thank you for asking such precious questions!

Kind regards,
Felix Lechner

P.S. Everyone, please join #meetfelix on OFTC. I hope to get to know you better!