Re: To all candidates: Debian and people with disabilities

Hi Samuel,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 09:23:38AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Devin Prater, le lun. 21 mars 2022 22:10:15 -0500, a ecrit:
> > As far as backports, my problem is enabling it. Normal desktop users probably
> > won't even know what that is, and the syntax is rather ugly, to me at least.
>
> Ok, that's one point that could be worked on: creating an easy way to
> enable backports.

This is what my project, "extrepo", wants to accomplish: to make it
easily possible to enable repositories that are not enabled by default.
You can enable backports on bullseye by way of the following two
commands:

sudo apt install extrepo
sudo extrepo enable debian_backports

(there are a lot of other repositories you can enable that way, btw; to
get a full list, run "extrepo search", although you might want to pipe
it into a pager ;-) )

> At least as a question in the installer,

Adding an installer module for extrepo is on my TODO list, but I do have
a lot on my plate and thus am not sure I'll be able to finish that work
in time for the release.

[...]
--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}