Re: Question to all candidates: rotation on positions of power
Le Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 04:27:49PM +0900, Hideki Yamane a écrit :
> I'm sorry, but could you explain "what do you want to improve with
> a term limit"?
Good evening Hideki,
I expect a term limit to increase rotation on the positions of power,
with the following benefits:
- reduce the risk of burn-out of the delegates,
- motivate fresh people to have the ambition to serve in these
positions, because it becomes predictable when driving seats become
- motivate the current delegates to put their own replacement as part
of their planning, making us more resilient to sudden (or chronic)
- increase the chances that those of us who keep a strong involvement
over many years diversify their experience, knitting our different
subgroups into a more harmonious society.
- increase our chances that challenging ideas accepted.
In brief, everything good (and everything bad) that "more turnover" is
expected to bring in most of social structures where we evolve outside
Charles Plessy Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med
Tooting from work, https://mastodon.technology/@charles_plessy
Tooting from home, https://framapiaf.org/@charles_plessy