Question about voting when the key on the debian keyring is expired...

Apologies for this administrative question, but we have a couple of
votes active at the moment, and so inquiring minds want to know.

Due to an oversight, I managed to forget to update my GPG subkey's
expiration date.  I've since fixed it, and uploaded it to
keyring.debian.org, but there's the usual month lag before it the
keyring package gets updated.  Where does the Debian voting software
get the keyring which it uses for checking GPG keyrings?

Does it do a gpg --recv-key from keyring.debian.org?  (Which has the
updated expiration date for my keys)

Does it do a finger USERNAME/key@db.debian.org?  (Which has not been
updated)

Or does it do something else?