Re: Reaffirm public voting

Hello,

Le 04/03/2022 à 11:42, Holger Levsen a écrit :
> The GR proposal for secret voting is silent on implenentation details,
> probably because secret and transparent voting is, well, impossible to
> achieve fully, [...]

It is possible to achieve some reasonable level of secrecy and
transparency (and verifiability)... it is an active research topic per
se. Belenios came out of this research, devotee-ng could also benefit
from this research.

Disclaimer: I am upstream of Belenios in my dayjob.

> A voting system which is transparent only to some, is undemocratic and
> will lead to few people in the know, which is diagonal to Debians goals
> of openness and transparency.

I'm not sure what you mean here. From some point of view, TLS is also
transparent "only to some", since very few people understand the
mathematics behind the crypto involved there. Yet, we don't promote
unsecured communications where a TLS-secured variant exists.

Stéphane