Re: GR Ballot Option: (first draft) No change to voting, recommend against GR for non-technical issues

hi Bill,

On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 12:10:53AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Ballot Option
> =============
>
> 1) The Debian project decide against changing its voting process at this
> time.
>
> 2) General resolutions that probe developpers opinions about non-technical issues
> outside the social contract are discouraged.
>
> Rationale
> =========
>
> So far no voting scheme that preserve both the integrity of the vote and
> the secret of the vote have been proposed. The scheme used for DPL
> election does not provide plausible deniability.
>
> 2. is not made a hard requirement so that it need not be adjudicated by
> the Debian secretary. However most of the developers that seconded the first
> ballot of GR 2021_002 were experienced developers that would be have been
> able to heed the recommendation given in this GR.

seems I missed your ballot proposal when I suggested mine in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2022/03/msg00021.html
information overload everywhere, which is why I'm behind in catching up on
reading @-vote.

Anyway, how do we proceed here?

For now, I'm also seconding your proposal.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

In Europe there are people prosecuted by courts because they saved other people
from drowning in the  Mediterranean Sea.  That is almost as absurd  as if there
were people being prosecuted because they save humans from drowning in the sea.