Re: Ballot option 2 - Merely hide Identities of Developers Casting a Particular Vote and allow verification

* Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> [2022-02-23 16:22]:
> Even if you don't want to move toward some different voting system, do
> we really want to require a constitutional amendment if say the

Sam, I haven't followed the discussion closely, but when I read your
ballot I was *immediately* concerned about 3) and 4), which have
nothing to do with hiding identities.  In fact, if you look at the
diff you posted, the biggest changes have nothing to do with the title
of the vote. (If 3) and 4) are more important in hidden votes, that
needs to be made clearer in the text.)

After the "editorial changes" fiasco a few years ago, I'm not sure if
it's a good idea to pack unrelated changes into a vote.  Yes, maybe
they are merely clarifications that everyone agrees with, but if so,
why not have a simple follow-up vote later.

Someone once said that if a Git commit message contains wording like
"Also fix" it should have been two separate commits.  That's how I
feel about your proposal.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/