Re: Informal Discussion: Identities of Voters Casting a Particular Ballot are No Longer Public

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 08:53:23AM -0700, Sam Hartman wrote:
> view.  Right now, I haven't seen sufficient support for this proposal
> that I would propose it as a GR.  If some of the people who advocated
> for this during the rms GR don't step forward, I think we can avoid a
> vote.

While I did not publicly advocate for secret ballots during the RMS GR,
I do feel it would have been better if it was an option.

As such, I would sponsor such a proposal if it were proposed.

Also, I feel like a reasonable compromise might be to default votes to
public, with a process to change a vote to private if enough DDs desire
it.  This would allow most votes to happen as they currently do, and
still let votes deemed sensitive or otherwise problematic happen by
secret ballot.

(Apologies if this has already been suggested - I haven't read all of
the past messages).

Bill

--
GPG: 5CDD 0C9C F446 BC1B 2509  8791 1762 E022 7034 CF84