Re: General Resolution: Change the resolution process: results

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 8:00 AM Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> wrote:

> I don't see how encouraging people to vote who lack either an opinion on
> the subject in hand, or the motivation to vote, is supposed to improve
> the outcome.

Yeah, I think it's based on mathematics.

On average, higher turnout reduces the sampling error: "The error (or
disturbance) of an observed value is the deviation of the observed
value from the (unobservable) true value of a quantity of interest."
[1]

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Errors_and_residuals