Re: General Resolution: Change the resolution process: results

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 6:37 AM Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is anything we can do to motivate more
> people to vote.

>From Wikipedia's page on 'Get Out the Vote': [1]

    "GOTV is often most effective when potential voters are told to do
    so "because others will ask." Voters will then go to the polls as a
    means of fulfilling perceived societal expectations. Paradoxically,
    informing voters that turnout is expecting to be high was found to
    increase actual voter turnout, while predicting lower turnouts
    actually resulted in less voters.

The red bar chart in the same article indicates something similar.
Perhaps we should publish a list of actual voters afterwards, without
their choices, or award badges on Salsa?

In the present case, however, I agree with wRAR  and zigo that this GR
was especially dry.

I would even argue that the mechanics of voting have no place in the
constitution. It would be a more successful and more inspiring
document if it were to capture our excitement of producing the best
free operating system in the world.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_out_the_vote