Re: Opposing strict time limits

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 11:23 AM Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

> To fully achieve what Wouter is calling for would therefore *also* require
> a constitutional change.

As a proponent of a living process, I would welcome such an
alternative on the ballot.

Russ's motivation strikes me as extremely noble: With rules, people
feel treated fairly. At the same time, better rules do not make better
decisions. For Debian—a free-spirited volunteer project—I find
Wouter's vision of a healthy and flexible democratic process more
compelling. Why not put the people first?

Being new, I wrote with some hesitation. Thank you for reading!

Kind regards
Felix Lechner