Re: Ways forward regarding the RMS GR

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 12:12:23PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> As for cancelling the vote, I see that as something that's a much more
> severe route and that I won't be imposing as DPL. For that to happen
> there would have to be significant consensus within the project that
> would have to be able to convince our secretary. I doubt there's much
> chance of that happening before the end of the vote.
>
> The situation might seem bleak, but it's not completely hopeless. It's
> still possible for any member to vote FD above all other options if
> needed

If only individual members would do that, the only effect would be that
they would hurt the options they would have otherwise voted above FD.

A constitutional way out of the current mess would be a general
agreement that a majority of voters votes FD first.

It would be possible to vote only FD to keep your opinion secret,
or fill a complete ballot if a member chooses to do so.

Discussing and voting on a change to the constitution to make all votes
secret could then be done in 1+1 weeks starting even before the current
GR ends, followed by a secret vote on a new GR.

> -Jonathan

cu
Adrian