Re: Making the RMS resolution a Secret Ballot

Hello all,

Pierre-Elliott Bécue [2021-04-10 18:16 +0200]:
> After a careful thinking, I agree with Elena's opinion and would rather
> not make the vote private while it already has started.

Ulrike Uhlig [2021-04-10 18:20 +0200]:
> On 10.04.21 15:33, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > Le vendredi, 9 avril 2021, 19.12:26 h CEST Sam Hartman a écrit :
>
> > I don't think changing our 25+ years worth of GR practice (and GR tradition)
> > *right in the middle of a vote* will do any good; not internally, and not
> Reading Odyx' arguments on keeping the ballot public makes a lot of sense to
> me though and I'm now in favor of keeping the usual decision making
> processes intact, and to change the constitution later in time - if the
> project wishes to do so.

Thanks to the three of you -- very carefully and reasonably worded. As someone
who initially also prefered a secret vote [1] (although that was *before*
voting started), I find this entirely convincing.

Martin

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2021/03/msg00137.html