Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

Le samedi 03 avril 2021 à 15:41:43+0200, Milan Zamazal a écrit :

>     SM> On Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 12:26:56PM +1100, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
>     >> On Friday, 2 April 2021 11:09:42 PM AEDT Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
>     >>> Thanks for arguing for my point: Communism was a beautiful
>     >>> theoretical
>
>     >>> idea which was implemented by humans and therefore was a
>     >>> miserable fuckup in the end.
>     >>>
>     >>> I still think the concept is really interesting, but I can't see
>     >>> a working implementation as soon as there are humans who would
>     >>> want to be leaders in such regimes.
>     >>>
>     >>> I don't see a connection with free speech here, anyway.
>     >>
>     >> What a nasty disgraceful style of debating you have, Pierre.
>
>     SM> You might disagree with him, but please stop attacking the
>     SM> person. It's not necessary and only lowers the tone of debate.
>
> Yes, please.
>
>     >> You understood very well what I'm saying and I'm is not
>     >> confirming your point. Communism is a bad ideology that does not
>     >> work (and could not work even in theory) - that's why it should
>     >> be "cancelled".  Free speech is a beautiful working practice but
>     >> it is in the way of terrible ideas and that's why they want to
>     >> "cancel" free speech.
>
>     SM> And other people disagree with you on those points. Please
>     SM> accept that and leave it there?
>
> Please note that some of us who suffered from communism and got both
> theoretical and practical training in marxism-leninism may be quite

Theoretical, with small "reviews" from the party. Which means not
theoretically accurate at all.

> sensitive to claims that communism was a beautiful theoretical idea or
> putting some kind of equations between communism and freedom of speech.
> I had to hold off myself to not respond to those claims, which were not
> helpful and the intended points could be illustrated in better ways.
>
> Regards,

I explained in what way I compare both. You may consider it was not the
best way to illustrate my point and I'm eager to take that remark, but
this connection is not, /per se/, absurd.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2