Re: Draft proposal for resolution process changes

    Russ> I've been thinking about this because I like the idea in
    Russ> theory but can't see how to make it work in the process
    Russ> without introducing new problems including tactical voting
    Russ> issues.  I have also been wondering why it would be necessary
    Russ> for the constitution to say this given that anyone can start a
    Russ> GR and could choose to start a GR in this case.  In other
    Russ> words, why does the GR need to be forced, as opposed to an
    Russ> option that a TC member or any other Developer can exercise?

I had a todo item to write a message saying the same things.
I think the tactical voting issues are significant enough that we don't
want to mandate it in process.

But I think that the idea of using a GR to resolve a stuck TC is
compelling.
So, perhaps we as a project should come to a consensus that we strongly
encourage the TC to bring matters (especially where a casting vote
decides) to the project as a whole.

You have several former TC members (Russ, Bdale and myself) who believe
this is often a good idea.
And you have other developers including Adrian who have voiced support
for the idea.