Re: Draft proposal for resolution process changes

    Bdale> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:
    >> The process I'm proposing arguably favors the opposite side from
    >> my own in the TC decision that primarily prompted this change and
    >> would have prevented the process that indeed happened.
    >> But with the benefit of a few years of hindsight and watching
    >> subsequent GRs, I think a simpler process with clearer rules and
    >> less flexibility would have had a better social outcome for the
    >> project.

    Bdale> I think you're right.

Thank you for doing your part at that time to find a way to make Debian
better by actually making a decision that was before you and that many
had struggled   to make.

Nothing we're doing now takes away from the importance of the work you
did then and the sacrifice involved in making the decisions you did at
this time.
We live and learn and grow.
And sometimes that growth is painful, but when we can take that pain and
turn it into something that brings us together, that's something
amazing.

I'm honored to be part of a community with people like you who will make
those hard decisions when they are necessary.
I am honored to be part of a community with people like Russ who will
find ways to learn from the pain and  grow the community.

--Sam