Re: Draft proposal for resolution process changes

Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> writes:

> However, I think we already have the complexity you are worried about:
> 4.2.1 permits both the DPL and the TC tto sponsor a resolution without
> additional developers.

> I think that it's not too hard to make this useful.
> Under section 6.3,
> say something like
> "When the Technical Committee proposes a general resolution to the
> project, it may delegate the authority to accept amendments and withdraw
> ballot options to one of its members."

> If the TC didn't choose to delegate such authority, it would presumably
> have to vote on amendments.

Good catch.  I have added the following clause to my draft:

7. Proposing a general resolution.

   When the Technical Committee proposes a general resolution or a ballot
   option in a general resolution to the project under point 4.2.1, it may
   delegate the authority to withdraw, amend, or make minor changes to the
   ballot option to one of its members. If it does not do so, these
   decisions must be made by resolution of the Technical Committee.