Privacy guarantees

Hi,

A fellow developer and I have reached an impasse over the appropriate
level of privacy guarantees in Debian. [1] Would this esteemed group
please advise if the topic is in some form suitable for a General
Resolution?

The aggrieved party is likely to appeal my forthcoming lack of action
to the Technical Committee. [2] While the Technical Committee is more
or less Debian's Supreme Court, it seems unfair to burden that select
group of ours with matters of broad social significance. The Policy
Team was similarly reluctant. They have not acted on the matter in
nearly eight years. [3]

The maintainer of a well-known web browser took a stance in the
middle. [4] My own position was outlined here. [5]

In the spirit of seeking common ground, I would like to offer to the
aggrieved party that we co-sponsor a General Resolution together. Is
that appropriate? Thank you!

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/743694