Re: Nuance Regarding RMS

On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 11:20:03PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> The open letter does not state that RMS should be ejected from the free
> software movement in general, or from the FSF specifically. Were that
> the case, I would agree with you that it was wrong. Instead, it merely
> states that he should be removed from leadership positions, both in the
> FSF and in the GNU project.

The open letter you support starts with:

  Richard M. Stallman, frequently known as RMS, has been a dangerous
  force in the free software community for a long time.  He has shown
  himself to be misogynist, ableist, and transphobic, among other
  serious accusations of impropriety.  These sorts of beliefs have no
  place in the free software, digital rights, and tech communities.

You want Debian to make a public statement that Debian considers
Richard M. Stallman "misogynist, ableist, and transphobic".

You want Debian to make a public statement that Richard M. Stallman is a
"dangerous force in the free software community" for whom there is
"no place in the free software community".

cu
Adrian