Re: Secret ballot and RMS Resolution

Stefano Zacchiroli, 2021-04-01 10:41 -0400:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 12:42:01PM +0000, Jean Duprat (Avignon) wrote:
> > Votes in leadership elections are kept secret even after the end of
> > the voting period for obvious reasons: by knowing that the ballot is
> > secret, voters can feel free to express their opinion as they see
> > fit. This constitutional guarantee sadly does not apply to General
> > Resolutions.
>
> I think we're at opposite ends of the voting spectrum here on this
> matter, but I share your concern.
>
> In fact, I think that *any* position taken in this vote could result in
> targeted harassment of the voters.

Thanks Stefano. My thoughts exactly.

Further, I will be voting on this GR with the same set of worries I have
whenever I post to Debian lists.  I signed the letter with that same set
of worries. I would not be surprised in the least if I found out that a
large proportion of other women and non-binary Debian contributors feel
the same way.  Painting this as either novel or unique to those who
object to Debian making a statement seems disingenuous.

Taowa

--
Taowa (they)
LOC FN35EM