Re: Amendment to RMS/FSF GR: Option 4, assert the need to learn and grow from recent events

On 3/31/21 1:20 AM, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 08:13:59PM -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
On 3/30/21 5:28 PM, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
We urge Richard Stallman and the remaining members of the board which
reinstated him, to consider their positions.
Can you elaborate on the intended meaning here? Is "position" their position
to reinstate RMS, or their position as a member of the board?

Is this intentionally "consider" as opposed to "reconsider"? If so, is that
intended to be a weaker form of reconsider?

No, and no. "To consider one's position" in business and politics is a
(probably rather English) euphemism; being invited to consider your
position is a clear indication that you ought to be resigning over some
matter.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm an en-US speaker and I was not familiar with that (possibly en-GB) euphemism.

--
Richard