Re: [draft] Cancel this year's in-person Debian Developers Conference DebConf20

On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 18:08, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana <phls@debian.org> wrote:
In my opinion, the best solution would be postpone DC20 in Israel to 2021.
And push Kosovo to 2022 and India to 2023.

I believe this choice should be on the table when DC20 team takes the decision on the conference. Naturally it is not up to the local team to decide such a thing, but with the blessing of the global Debconf team and the DPL (and with Kosovo and India team consent) that should be a possibility. It would also not preclude holding a virtual online Debconf this year as well where volunteers from any place in the world could take up responsibilities.

 In fact, if we do it the maximum fun way we could even involve volunteers and speakers from around the world to have a week long 24/7 Debconf that just never stops (until we run out of topics for talks). So instead of multiple talk streams in parallel we would have them in succession. And also have a party stream / chillout lounge running the whole time in parallel as well. We can take this challenge and come up with something new that Debconf as such could have never been. :)

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org