Re: Q to all candidates: NEW queue

Quoting Roberto C. Sánchez (2020-03-26 14:28:47)
> That said, I have never had a package rejected for reasons that would
> outright keep it from entering Debian.  Each package I have had
> rejected could have as easily been accepted into unstable and then
> fixed after the fact to address whatever the problem was.  For
> instance, omitting a particular file with a distinct (but compatible)
> license from listing in the copyright file or some similar minor
> license-related matter.  None of those things seem like reasons to
> hold up a package entering Debian for months to nearly a year.
> Though, I may be mistaken in that and biased based on my own
> experience.

Or you might be describing a procedure that has since been improved.

When sharing example cases, it helps if you also mention how long ago it
happened (I sometimes get surprised how much time has passed when
checking such facts).

For future cases, I suggest to always file an ITP bugreport before
pushing a new package, to help encourage ftp team to use that bugreport
to store responses/remarks from them - and when that happens we can in
future reference the bugreport when sharing example cases :-)

 - Jonas