Re: Question for all candidates: Sam's non-platform: Delegates

On 2020/03/18 19:33, Sean Whitton wrote:
> In his non-platform, Sam wrote
>
>     If I were running as DPL, figuring out how to do a better job of
>     managing delegations, respecting both the current delegates and the
>     needs of the project, would be my priority for the next year.  I
>     hope that the candidates who step forward take on this challenge.
>
> Do you agree?  If so, how do you propose to take on the challenge?

Yes, I agree with Sam that the next DPL should do a better job of
dealing with delegations.

That means being available and reserving some bandwidth for delegations
even when other exciting things are happening. Also actively checking in
on delegations that are known to need some support, like the DebConf
team in the period before Debconf starts and probably also scheduled
check-ins with delegations like the treasurers.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage