Re: Question Under Proposal D: Compile Time Option

    Thomas> Sam,

    Thomas> Is this a real life case (if so, please name the
    Thomas> package...), or just a pure fictional one, just because you
    Thomas> love debating?

    Thomas> Cheers,

So, first of all, note that this question has already been adequately
answered:
* the significant effect on systemd installations criteria is the
biggest consideration
*  compiling twice  or turning into runtime configuration are the
biggest mittigation.

I had at least two situations in mind: Gnome (say policykit) and
libvert.
They are a bit different.

I think your tone is overly confrontational.
based on several previous messages, it was clear at the time I wrote the
message that it was a real issue.
Ian knew that; Simon knew that.
Someone else came along and gave a great response (talking about
compiling twice).
Ian pointed out that I'd missed the significant effect on non-systemd
systems criteria, which was helpful to me.  I regret missing that
detail, but these issues are complex enough we all make mistakes from
time to time.

Basically several of us all assumed good faith of each other and had a
great discussion.
You come along a couple of days later and imply that I might not have
been acting in good faith and make Debian just a little less nice to be
in.
Please don't.