Re: Proposal: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations

Guillem Jover writes ("Proposal: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations"):
> ----X<----
> Title: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations

I really like much of what you write in your proposal.

However, unfortunately, I don't think this is sufficient to resolve
the actual practical questions which keep coming up.

I think your proposal would work well as a preamble to many of the
other options, notably mine and Dmitry's.

I hesitate to add such a lot of text to my own proposal which is
already rather long.  I don't know what to do about this precisely.
I'm not sure whether it would make sense to have two versions of mine
with and without such a preamble ?

Ian.