Re: Proposal: Focus on systemd

* Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> [2019-11-30 11:48]:
> - Less ambigious, C only talks about service units and preferring other
> facilities "if they have clear and obvious advantages" (but we have no
> good method to clarify whether e.g. systemd-sysusers fulfills that over
> adduser), while F actively endorses tight integration.

FWIW, while F endores endorses tight integration, I added a "where
appropriate" to allow for some flexibility.  I wanted to keep proposal F
high-level and leave the exact implementation details to -devel and
-policy.

> - F is more expressive in terms of why to focus on systemd (like to
> collaborate with the 99% of the FLOSS world who settled on systemd) than
> C.

Yeah, as I just explained in my other email, I found C lacking of
sway, vision, passion, or whatever you may call it.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/