Re: Should I withdraw choice hartmans1?

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 01:32:35AM +0000, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
> [ I read version of hartman1, which is based on my draft with s/must/should/]
>
> I do not think your option actually adds value, and not aware of
> somebody, who prefers your option to either Ian's or mine.  On other
> hand our system is resistant to multiple close options, so the only loss
> is that every voter will have to thorously read one more text.

I disagree and very much think that it's useful to have hartman1 as an
option. 'should' or 'must' makes a whole lot of difference.

(I do however also agree with gregoa's comments on the NMU part of this:
'Inventing NMUability rules tied to bug severities in a GR seems
counterproductive to me.' and 'This contradicts the spirit, culture, and
conventions around NMUs which are prevalent in Debian for at least ten years
and are written down in DevRef 5.11.1.'.)

--
cheers,
	Holger