adding more topics to this GR (Re: [draft] Draft text on Init Systems GR)

Holger Levsen writes ("adding more topics to this GR (Re: [draft] Draft text on Init Systems GR)"):
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 05:31:19PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Issue 4.  Hateful stuff on our lists etc.
> >
> > I have tried to capture what kinds of statements are the key problem
> > here.  I think we need to clearly tell our listmasters etc. what we
> > expect, since enforcement action they take needs clear legitimacy.
>
> I very well see how this is something we ought to address (at some time,
> maybe even now), but I'm really not convinced (over-)loading the already
> overloaded init system GR with listmaster policying stuff is wise. *Please*
> reconsider.

Well, I am about to post my draft, and we'll see if you still think
it's out of place.  I hope you will come round to agreeing that what I
have said is obviously right.  If it is significantly controversial I
would want to delete it.

Certainly it has come out rather long.  This is unfortunate but it
seems that mere generalities are not really sufficient.  We need some
specifics.

Ian.