Re: [draft] Draft text on Init Systems GR
On Sat, Nov 09, 2019 at 09:48:03PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> root@minobo:~# apt-rdepends -r systemd | wc -l
It's not as bad as you think: the important package is systemd-sysv.
$ apt-cache rdepends systemd-sysv
The lines marked with a | have an alternative, e.g. numad has
..., systemd-sysv | cgmanager, ...
Several of these are not Depends, but Conflicts/Replaces relationships, but
I have no idea how to quickly filter them, and several like exim4-base have
alternatives, but these aren't shown here.
What I can confirm depends on systemd-sysv are
- systemd-cron (not relevant, we have cron)
- dbus-user-session (can be replaced by dbus-x11, although apt doesn't
find that solution)
- libvirt-daemon-system (real problem)
- udev (not relevant, we have eudev)
- libpam-systemd (not relevant, that is the integration for
dbus-user-session & co)
So the only real issues at the moment are libvirt-daemon-system and apt
needing a manual poke when installing something that pulls in
dbus-user-session, such as libgtk.