Re: Thank you to all of the candidates

    Russ> It was a little worrying that we passed the first nomination
    Russ> period without anyone volunteering to run for Debian Project
    Russ> Leader, so it has been both relieving and quite exhilarating
    Russ> that such a strong set of candidates came forward and we've
    Russ> had such an excellent discussion here.

    Russ> I think this is one of the strongest slates of candidates
    Russ> we've had for DPL in years.  Voting is going to be extremely
    Russ> difficult for me for the best reasons possible.  I think all
    Russ> of the candidates would do an excellent job as DPL in their
    Russ> own ways; personally, I kind of want to pick all of them.  :)

I agree.  The discussion we had here was very helpful to me in refining
my goals and getting an understanding of where we as a project are and
where we would like to go.  Obviously debian-vote isn't everyone and we
have discussions ahead (we're Debian; we always have discussions ahead)

Beyond that, it was amazing fun.  I am so proud to be part of this
community and am nervous but excited as I look at stepping into the DPL
role.

I've already reached out to all the other candidates to thank them
personally and to talk about ways we could work together.  I want to
publicly thank the candidates and say that I'm eager to help facilitate
the great ideas we came up with during the discussion here.

Once the election results are official my first priority will be
transition tasks including reaching out to teams to connect with them
and understand where they are.  Expect a bits mail before the end of
April talking more about trying to move forward on ideas here.

--Sam
Who might some day soon be DPL.