Re: Failing GPG key (was: Re: Debian Project Leader election 2019: First call for votes)

* Ian Jackson: " Re: Failing GPG key (was: Re: Debian Project Leader election
  2019: First call for votes)" (Tue, 9 Apr 2019 12:13:32 +0100):

Hi Ian,

> Joerg Jaspert writes ("Re: Failing GPG key (was: Re: Debian Project Leader
> election 2019: First call for votes)"):
> > *Usually* they do not do that during running elections, just short
> > before they start, so you may be out of luck.
>
> In that case I think the Secretary should make some alternative
> arrangements, since (i) there is no doubt that Matthias is eligible to
> vote (ii) it will be possible to verify the authenticity of Matthias's
> vote, albeit by using an ad-hoc or alternative arrangement.

Indeed and thanks for confirming. In principle my refused ballots are valid
(i.e. signed with a valid key), but they are checked against an invalid key.

As previously said in my answer to Joerg I will try to find a way with
KeyringMaint and/or Secretary to get a solution.

Cheers
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6