Re: Debian presence on newer platforms

Hi Alex,

Alexander Wirt:
>>> And I tested hyperkitty some time ago with our archive and it was
>>> unusable slow.
>>
>> Interesting. I wonder how Fedora deals with this. I haven't used their
>> archives extensively, but from quick tests it appeared to be quite
>> responsive.
>
> One question that came into mind: which problems with our lists do you think
> mailman would solve?
>
> If its list archives: provide (or let someone do so) a hyperkitty plugin for
> reading our mboxes (bonus points if its able to also remove mails from it
> afterwards (gpdr, spam).

Yeah, it's mainly the archive. I agree that a modern archiver that has
forum-like capabilities to participate in a discussion would lower the
barrier for contributors who're more into web applications that into
mail clients. Which - like it or not - seems to be the case even for
developers and techies in younger generations.

Besides, a huge advantage of mailman3 in my eyes is that it has a proper
user management. After registering *once* in Postorius (the mailman3 web
interface), you can manage *all* your mailing list subscriptions on that
mailman3 instance with one account. That's very convenient and something
I miss on lists.debian.org.

Cheers
 jonas