Re: Q: NEW process licence requirements

Hi Adrian,

> > do we really want to a culture in Debian where it is acceptable to
> > publically belittle others' efforts using such emotionally loaded
> > words or in such a combatitive / adversarial manner?
>
> you omitted the relevant part from my email

I'm sorry you feel misquoted but I believe I explicitly praised you
in my last mail for pointing out the potential disparity between
perception & reality and even underlined my agreement with you.

> > If you will permit me to exaggerate for a moment, if anybody is leaving
> > the Project it is due to sustained exposure to such low-level
> > toxicity.  :(
>
> There are two orders of magnitude of people more in the project that
> need a thick skin due to the toxity of the intransparent NEW handling
> of the ftp team than there are members in the ftp team.

Again, apologies for any miscommunication but I was referring to
members of the Debian Project as a whole who perhaps do not find it
satisfying to be part of generally negative interactions, rather than
members of the FTP team specifically.

> the only person in the project who is able to push for improvements
> in this area is the DPL.

Which, as I mentioned, I have been persuing in my role as DPL and as
an FTP-assistant. Indeed, a glance at my mailbox suggests that things
have been in motion even since your reply to me.

The other, critical, factor nobody has raised is time. Why not
assume good faith here? After all, which is more likely - the FTP
team are sitting around doing nothing and happy/enjoying the current
state of affairs, or too busy with life/family/work and the quotidien
admin tasks & other breakages that they don't have as spare cycles as
we would like to work on this?

> The only alternative would be a GR to override the DPL decision
> regarding the ftp team delegation, and no matter the outcome this
> would be ugly.
>
> It is therefore disappointing when a DPL candidate tries to wiggle out
> of making a commitment

There is no wiggle; I think I already implied that a DPL passive-
aggressively threatening the FTP team with a General Resolution
masquerading as a schedule would not lead to the situation improving
any quicker. :)

Best wishes,

--
      ,''`.