Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list

Anthony Towns writes ("Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list"):
> [something pro-transparency]

I would strongly encourage you to try to come up with a proposal which
represents your own view about what should be done.  You only need 5
people to stick their neck out to second your option for it to be on
the ballot.  You may find it helpful to try to canvas the views of
pro-transparency DDs more generally.

It is difficult to know what the actual feelings of the majority of
DDs are.  An appearance of overwhelming majority can easily turn out
to be wrong in the actual ballot.  Please don't be discouraged by
apparently being outnumbered - at least, not until the vote is in.

I suspect that views along your lines are a minority, but nevertheless
a significant one.  If so it will be worthwhile for you to demonstrate
that via the GR.

And it seems to me that the quality of discussion here, and the
collaboration on drafting, has been good.  I think you can expect
people to help you write your text so that it clearly expresses your
intent - even those who disagree with your views.

Regards,
Ian.

(who definitely does not regret sticking their neck out to push for a
vote on an unpopular GR.)