Re: Amendment to Proposed GR: Declassifying parts of -private of historical interest

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 11:08:22PM +0000, Nick Phillips wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-08-09 at 11:40 +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
>
> > In other words: You believe in the serious possibility that
> > listmasters
> > are evil people who will propose a process violating the interest of
> > these contributors and YOU and every other current developer will not
> > raise their voice against it.
>
> I believe that well-meaning listmasters might propose a process that
> would treat "being open" as being more important than "treating our
> past and present contributors with the respect I believe they are due".
> And I believe that it is possible that for a variety of reasons
> including inertia, they might perceive that there is no significant
> objection to their carrying it out.

But they can't "carry it out" without giving enough time to all of the
Debian community to object to it regardless of how much they might
believe that nobody would object, which is what I think is deeply
repelling about your implied scenario and why I object so violently:
That the community as a whole will not and does not care.

If the thread model is really a non-caring community, no GR passed or
not will ever protect you from anything – and at least more important
for me, I don't want to be part of a community who doesn't care as its
an inherent requirement for me that a community does care or else it
simple isn't one.

I realize now that I might have crossed a line in anger in the process
of expressing this, which I am sorry if it has hurt you. Just realize
that these last minute replies from various people have hurt others as
well, even if not intended – and as I have said everything I wanted to
say about this topic I am fine with agreeing that we completely disagree
and will drop that thread now.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies