Re: Amendment to Proposed GR: Declassifying parts of -private of historical interest

Bart Martens writes ("Re: Amendment to Proposed GR: Declassifying parts of -private of historical interest"):
> For example, your two points quoted above could easily be included
> in a GR text using these phrases:
>
> - "The scope is limited to messages posted on debian-private before
>   debian-project was introduced." (And I have no strong opinion on
>   whether this should be included.)
>
> - "The consent of the original author of the message on debian-private is
>   required before declassification." (I think this should have been in.)

It is a shame that you didn't raise these concerns during the
extensive discussion phase, during which the wording of this proposal
was carefully considered by various people, and modified.  Even if you
hadn't got consensus for your suggested restrictions, they could have
been on the ballot, if you had enough supporters.

Personally I don't read the current GR text as an authorisation or
encouragement for listmasters to go and do something nonconsensual and
inappropriate with old messages.

Ian.