Re: Proposed GR: Acknowledge that the debian-private list will remain private

Jonathan Dowland writes ("Re: Proposed GR: Acknowledge that the debian-private list will remain private"):
> However, this approach for me is less acceptable if there is a diminished
> chance of such "flame-retardant" discussions from ever being declassified,
> which I think would be the case after this GR passes.

I can see why that premise would lead you to that conclusion.

> The dissonance might simply be I perceive the current state of affairs to be
> that we might actually declassify some of -private, some day,

Empirically speaking that is surely a forlorn hope.

> and the GR (original text at least) makes it less so. (I even had
> "join the declassification effort" on my long-term TODO list, but I
> have done precicely nothing). Adding the riders about a better
> process soothes this a bit.

I think that Don's wording clearly opens the door to other kinds of
declassification efforts, or efforts to change the way -private works.

Ian.